HENDRY COUNTY FAMILY COURT
The Hendry FAMILY LAW SELF-HELP PROGRAM is administered by Charlotte County Case Managers.
HENDRY COUNTY UTILIZES CHARLOTTE COUNTY FAMILY LAW SELF-HELP PROGRAM
Court proceedings involving divorce and other family law matters are often emotional and difficult times for all persons involved. It is highly advisable to consult with an attorney who will represent you and your interests.
If, however, you choose to represent yourself, Family Court Services can help you through the court process.
Family Court Services assists individuals who are representing themselves in family law matters. The Family Law Self-Help Program for Charlotte County is located in the Charlotte County Justice Center in Punta Gorda. Satellite offices are located in the Hendry County Courthouse in LaBelle. The satellite offices are staffed on a part-time basis.
The Family Court Services staff provides access to the legal system, guidance in understanding court procedures, distribution of family law forms approved by the Supreme Court of Florida or the judges of the Twentieth Judicial Circuit and notary services.
Individuals are advised that the Family Court Services staff does not represent them in their case. Legal advice cannot be given.
No "walk-in" services are available. Appointments are made by Family Law Case Managers. A self-service Law Library is available during regular business hours, located on the ground floor of the Charlotte County Justice Center. A free Family Law Legal Clinic is presented periodically, to explain the court process and responsibilities of self represented litigants. A local Family Law attorney is available during the clinic to answer general legal questions. Flyers announcing the date/time of Legal Clinics are posted throughout the Charlotte Justice Center.
AREAS AVAILABLE FOR ASSISTANCE
- Dissolution of Marriage (Divorce) with or without minor children/ property
- Child support
- Child Visitation
- Response to Petitions
- Subpoena for Production of Documents from non-party
- Child Custody
- Child Name Changes
FAMILY COURT FORMS:
Family court forms packets are available for all of the above areas in the Family Court Office or you can download individual forms you need at either of the following websites:
Florida State Courts Family Court Forms
Turbo Court Online Court Forms
PRACTICES & PROCEDURES
- Case Management Conferences(CMCs) are conducted by a Family Law Case Manager, every Wednesday. CMCs are set at the time of filing, with the initial notice attached to the Standing Orders. Subsequent scheduling/rescheduling notices are prepared by a Case Manager.
- CMC participants should bring calendars for coordination of future CMCs and/or Mediation.
- Self Represented (pro se) litigants may request assistance from the Self-Help Program, which will be provided following the CMC (as resources permit). Click on this link to view the brochure for the Charlotte County Self-Help Program.
A "Parent Education and Family Stabilization Course" is required for all parties in a paternity case or dissolution of marriage case in which there are children. Click below to see a list of courses in the state of Florida approved by the Department of Children and Families for this purpose. Scroll down to the 20th Judicial Circuit to see the courses available in our area with a link to the website for course signup.
Phone: (813) 612-4717
FAMILY LAW SELF-HELP PROGRAM
Hendry County Courthouse
25 E. Hickpochee
LaBelle, FL 33935